10 Thoughts Preventing You From Working Out:
10. Working out means trying something new.
9. New is different.
8. Different is scary.
7. I don't like being scared.
6. "Push through the fear" sounds like a silly motivational poster.
5. I don't want to be like a silly motivational poster.
4. Okay, maybe I do, but I don't want to seem like a motivational poster to others....
3. So how do I begin? Should I read more motivational posters?
2. I just wasted three hours looking up motivational phrases to post on Instagram.
1. I could have taken a fitness class, gone grocery shopping, and called a friend in that time...wow, something needs to change.
[Cycle Repeats Until You Break It]
Getting motivated to try something new is difficult and scary for a lot of people. I'm not here to make you feel bad about it at all. It is my job to help you feel good about trying something new and helping you along the way. I'm not going to yell at you to change your life, or scream until you put down the ice cream (because I, too, love ice cream). Whatever positive change you make your life, you should feel good about it (even if it is a little scary at times). It's your personal trainer's job to help you feel good about your choices, but no personal trainer is going to kick down your door and make you change....well, no good personal trainer should do that.
Making a change is difficult, maintaining your new lifestyle choices are difficult, but the most difficult thing is looking back and realizing you missed an opportunity to get healthy, fit, and have fun, and if there is one thing we cannot change, is the time we have to celebrate in our bodies.
Break the cycle...I promise, I won't make you post motivational phrases on Instagram in exchange for ice cream.